The ethical publication policies in Journal of Mathematical Nanoscience (Abbreviation: J. Math. Nanosci. ) are based on the suggested practices by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). The role of each individual involved in the process of publishing a paper in Journal of Mathematical Nanoscience falls in one of the three following groups:
A) As an author
1. According to the guidelines provided by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE), authorship should be based only on the following four criteria:
All those designated as authors should meet all the given four criteria for authorship, and all who meet the four criteria should be identified as authors.
2. Authors should refrain from submitting a manuscript that has been previously published in part or in whole in other journals or any other medium that may result in conflicting copyright ownership claims.
3. Authors should ensure that they have properly cited all the relevant works they have quoted or used for the creation of the submitted manuscript.
4. If an author discovers an error or an inaccuracy in their published work, it is the author’s obligation and duty to promptly report it to the editorial office of the journal.
5. Authors should sign and fill the conflicts of interest disclosure form and reveal all possible sources of conflicting interests regarding their research.
6. Authors should assign all rights existing to their work under copyright laws to the journal to enable the publisher to disseminate their work.
B) As an editor
1. Editors must keep the information obtained from the submitted manuscripts confidential.
2. Editors must accept responsibility for the publication decisions they make.
3. Editors must release errata, clarifications or apology statements and must not refrain from retracting a publication if they have clear evidence of scientific misconduct, unethical research, plagiarism or other violations of ethical scientific publishing
4. Editors should maintain the scientific integrity of the manuscript
5. Editorial evaluation of a submitted manuscript will be based on originality of content, clarity of presentation, language fluency, soundness of methodology, rigorous analysis and interpretation of data and contribution to the scientific fields of interest to the journal’s audience, as defined in the journal’s scope.
C) As a reviewer
The peer-review process in Iranian Journal of Mathematical Chemistry is based on blind review by the members of the Editorial Board.
1. Information obtained from the review process should not be used for any person’s or organization’s advantage, or to disadvantage of others.
2. Reviewers should not be given any information that may reveal the identity of the manuscript’s authors during the refereeing process.
3. The review comments should be objective and constructive. Hostile, inflammatory, libelous, derogatory or any personal attacks are forbidden.
4. Reviewers should accept to participate in the review process only if they have enough expertise in the subject of the manuscript to carry out a proper assessment.
5. Reviewers should point out relevant published work which is not yet cited.